Proper Lighting Techniques
- Choose subdued lighting effects that will not reflect into the glass,
especially when you are not using a reflection control product.
- Add a sense of atmosphere by using wall lights or sconces on either side of you framed piece.
- Add emphasis to framed pieces by adding individual picture lights -- contact us for details.
- Do not hang your valuable artwork in direct sunlight. Even with protective
UV-blocking glass, prolonged exposure to the suns heat can destroy your art.
- Use incandescent bulbs to light your artwork. Incandescent lights have only 4% of their rays in
the damaging UV range. (Fluorescent lights, on the other hand have a high
concentration of UV rays and should not be used to light you artwork).
- Illuminate your art at the lowest light level possible for enjoyment.